My classes are working on two open source projects in 2021 to create supplemental materials to the OpenStax Principles of Management textbook. Both will attempt to highlight the essence of the chapter contents in engaging ways for today’s college students.
One will be to develop text message courses for each chapter using the Arist platform.
The other will be to develop a podcast with episodes for each chapter.
How to sound AWESOME
- Do NOT use built-in computer mic!
- Do you have a mic/headset combo? Apple earpods or airpods? A “gamer” headset with mic? Our college library lends mic/headset combos. Maybe yours does too.
- Some colleges even have media recording studios. You don’t need one but it does help to create make a pillow/cushion fort around your computer to reduce room echo that can make your sound “hollow”.
- Be sure to turn off all fans, and eliminate sounds from laundry or other buzzes that may show up in the background.
- Turn off your computer notifications please.
Make your own pillow fort
Podcast Sound Check
If you have been invited to be interviewed for this podcast, we ask you to record a 60-90 second sound check using the tool below.
Please do so using the microphone you plan to use for the interview, preferably using the same computer and in the room you will use for the interview as well.
Not sure what to say? Please tell us a little about the microphone you are using, whether you created a pillow fort or not and feel free to share your interest or excitement in the project with our team, or ask them questions. Thank you for your support of our project.