I became most interested in using podcasting as learning medium, method, and assessment tool. Here’s a link to the Deconstructing Management podcast I co-created with my Principles of Management students in 2021. Each episode was produced by 13 different self-managed teams of students, 3 teams in Spring 2021 and the rest in Fall 2021 in both my “day and night shift” classes. Here’s an interview of me explaining that project and my philosophy on the role of podcasting in education.
Prior to that I experimented with a few podcast ideas as shown below.
- Podcasting the Pandemic – a youth/adult podcasting collective
- Pick Yourself Project – an emerging youth entrepreneur podcast
- What’s Stopping You? – a podcast experiment using my favorite creative problem solving tool
- Curious About Unschooling and Self-Directed Education
- I hosted weekly meetups and recorded as a roundtable podcast
Below are some resources for others wishing to explore podcasting.
- The Podcasting Workshop – this is where my fascination with podcasting began
- Podcasting for Kids – some resources that were shared with me in March 2020 when I participated in a youth/adult collective called Podcasting the Pandemic
- Gimlet Podcast Academy – I haven’t listened to this yet but it was recommended by a fellow podcaster
- Podcasting for Professors Part 1 – podcast episode below explains 3 ways professors can use podcasts in their course
- Podcasting for Professors Part 2 – video lesson where I explain the basics on recording and distributing podcast episodes